AGM

An area for members to chat about pretty much anything allotment related!
JJ Kale

Re: AGM

Post by JJ Kale » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:39 pm

I spose its funny that people you are helping turn against you, can't see why that would be but I guess there must be a reason. Think I may come to the AGM and hear what is going on and what plans are, we ordinary members don't get any information about what goes on at meetings and how it is all run, so I'm not joining anything I don't know about. Is there training for new people on the committee?

Generalsecretary

Post by Generalsecretary » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:12 pm

No one is turning against us as such it's just people like yourself who seem very opinionated about management and committee yet by your own admission you don't know anything about it. What training would you like. If you know the association rules and a knowledge of how your site needs to work then you should be able to do the job. As for not being kept up to date take it up with your site secretary or management they have all been told to be honest if asked what is happening. I have always said this is the members association not management and you are entitled to know what is going on. The trouble is as a new management member myself and the Treasurer have only been in.position since April. In that time we have worked with the accountant and management to make sure anything we have found is recorded and dealt with as they say rhome wasn't built in a day and with years of mess it all takes time. Please do come to the AGM and remember this we are working on things from last year for which we were not apart of but do intend to clear up. Please introduce yourself would be good to meet in person and have a face to a name. Look forward to speaking with you in person

JanetM

Post by JanetM » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:59 am

I think that this is what has been the trouble in the past JJ Kale, the members felt that they have no say in the way the association is run and it was the same old, same old, but things are changing. As the general secretary says, we have worked our socks off trying to sort things out and get information to you all, maybe there have been a few glitches, but we are trying. If you feel you could add something to the management, please, please put a nomination form in.

Generalsecretary

Post by Generalsecretary » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi jerry1954. Sorry but the AGM is for allotment members only, as I am sure it would have been in 2014. If you would like to email me all of your details I would be happy to look into this for you though. My email is secretarygyandgaa@hotmail.com. just let me know your name and I should be able to find out what this was all about.

Hope to hear back from you soon

Woodfarm64

Re: Future Generations

Post by Woodfarm64 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:32 pm

There seem to be a lot of old school hell bent on destroying a what could be a wonderful Association. We need new younger members on the committee with enthusiasm to originate new ideas and help to overcome being voted down by the stick in the muds. More

Woodfarm64

Re Fture Generations

Post by Woodfarm64 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:10 pm

If you really care about preserving Allotment facilities in the Borough of GY, get the support of your fellow plotholders and get yourself nominated for the Management Committee. ONLY in that way can you have any REAL chance of changing tings for the benefit of future generations

LITTLESUE

Post by LITTLESUE » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Hello jj kale,is that you johnnie,are you still thinking of putting up for site secretary.

JJ Kale

Post by JJ Kale » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:42 pm

No, I heard too much about how some of the site secretaries got treated.

LITTLESUE

Post by LITTLESUE » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:55 pm

what do you mean by how they get treated

LITTLESUE

Re: Future Generations

Post by LITTLESUE » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Woodfarm64 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:32 pm
There seem to be a lot of old school hell bent on destroying a what could be a wonderful Association. We need new younger members on the committee with enthusiasm to originate new ideas and help to overcome being voted down by the stick in the muds. More