AGM

An area for members to chat about pretty much anything allotment related!
Vonrose0

AGM

Post by Vonrose0 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 pm

is the AGM now held on a Tuesday evening and not on a Wedneday as its always been ?

Spud king

Re: AGM

Post by Spud king » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Does it really matter what day the agm is on

eddshear

Post by eddshear » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:31 pm

As long as theres a odour screen, i dont care what night it is.Pwor,i was sat next to a right stinker last year

Spud king

Post by Spud king » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:23 pm

No need to worry it's all in hand for this year febreze going to be there handing out free samples lol

JJ Kale

Post by JJ Kale » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:24 pm

When the AGM notice says the posts are up for re-election that sounds like they want the same lot elected again, what's wrong with having some new faces on the committee, from the sound of what's been going on with the money they couldn't do much worse. :shock:

Generalsecretary

Post by Generalsecretary » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:41 pm

Sorry it appears you haven't actually read the notice. It is showing who is in post now alongside the posts which anyone can candidate for. Once the deadline is over a new Notice will go up showing the candidates. As for the comment about the missing money it's the people on the committee now who have found this and brought it to the attention of the members. It's old committee members who need to explain themselves.

JanetM

Post by JanetM » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:32 pm

JJ Kale, not sure which site you are on, but as you can see from the paperwork almost half the sites do not have management representation. Now is your chance to put yourself foward as a candidate. You say new faces are needed, so what are you waiting for?

JJ Kale

Post by JJ Kale » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Well generalsecretary what you put on the website was that it was the accountant what discovered whatever it is about the money and sent a letter to the committee, not the other way round. We're all waitin to hear what you have done about it but we're not holding our breath.

Generalsecretary

Post by Generalsecretary » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Well jj kale Hold your breath or not I am part of the new management and working bloody hard to set things on the right path. Perhaps you would like to be elected feel free you can deal with the things myself and the Treasurer have been doing for months only to have people we are fighting to help turn against us instead of giving us the support we deserve for having taken this lot on. We are not ignoring this but for legal purposes neither are we allowed to discuss it. That I can promise you
Now please give us support not grief or take it upon yourself to put your money where your mouth is

Spud king

Post by Spud king » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Well said every one seems to have there opinion on how the association should be run but no one seems to want to stand for these positions when they come up for elections so maybe it's time for these people to stop whinging and step up to the mark