Ask a question by proxy

An area for members to chat about pretty much anything allotment related!
JJ Kale

Re: Ask a question by proxy

Post by JJ Kale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:52 pm

I can't remember if we ever had any time for questions at the AGM, last year they said there would be but as usual nothing on the agenda for it. Seems to take a very brave person to dare to go against the bosses. :?

LITTLESUE

Post by LITTLESUE » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:33 pm

I THOUGHT IF YOU PUT A LETTER FORWARD WITH YOUR QUESTIONS,TO THE AGM,THE ISSUE WOULD BE DISGUST.I TODAY I WITNESSED A FRIEND RUNNING ON ABOUT THE RULES,WHICH HE HAS DONE FOR YEARS.HE WAS ASKED TO WRITE HIS VIEW DOWN AND SEND THEM IN,BUT REFUSED.SO HAS MY FRIEND GOT THE RIGHT TO KEEP MOANING ABOUT THE SAME OLD THING,BUT NOT PREPARED TO DO A SIMPLE THING ABOUT IT. COME ON PLOT HOLDERS PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS,LOVE YOU ALL LITTLE SUSIE

JJ Kale

Post by JJ Kale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:01 pm

I never heard that Littlesue about sending things in to the AGM, where did you get that from, I looked in the AGM things again and there is nothing there about it. When I was at work they called it mushroom management.

Generalsecretary

Post by Generalsecretary » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:10 pm

I have been reading this discussion with much interest - now let me respond
1. Jerry1954 - As you are not even a plot holder of the association, you would not have received any documentation and therefore have no idea what you are talking about. It is in fact this type of behaviour that gets rumours and animosity circulating around the association, Having worked extremely hard to move this association on in the past few months, I would appreciate if you use this Forum, you also use FACTS not what has been or was done.
2. LittleSue - Your friend has every right to view his opinions, I would listen to anyone trying to make a point and would be happy to help if I could. The problem I personally find is that so many people have an opinion, but no one will listen when you try to advise. It feels like everyone is still living in the past when a few months ago I was asked to get involved to move this association on, it has!!!! perhaps the members need to be asking more questions and less gossip, and actually pay attention as to what has been achieved in what has been a extremely difficult, tiring and frustrating few months for those of us who have been trying to get what you have all been asking for, yet leave us feeling it was all in vain and unappreciated.
3. Mushroom Management - Any plot holder who would like to see minutes are more than welcome to do so. Anyone can ask for things to be added to the Agenda,that has never changed. Maybe kept under wraps from previous management and now needs to be made very clear to all members. IF YOU CARE TO LOOK AGAIN AT YOUR AGENDA YOU WILL SEE I ADDED ANY OTHER BUSINESS. THIS IS NOT NORMAL PRACTICE BUT I DID IT FOR YOUR BENEFIT AS MEMBERS SO YOU COULD BRING UP TOPICS ABOUT ALLOTMENT BUSINESS THAT YOU FEEL SHOULD BE AIRED. Why don't you all just sit back and actually see what we have achieved in the past few months, you may actually learn something if you listen instead of assuming.

Finally look at the comments I have made on other discussions, where I have asked people to contact me, phone me or email me and give me their ideas, thoughts and suggestions. Yet I have had only 1 person contact me. So Yes Please put your money where your mouths are, or sit back and shut up and enjoy the view from your allotment seat while others are busting their tear end for you lot with no thanks or gratitude.

ANYONE WHO SAW THE UN EDITED VERSION WILL KNOW I HAVE CHANGED THIS. THE REASON FOR THIS IS THAT APPARENTLY IT UPSET SOME MEMBERS. IT WOULD APPEAR THAT MY HONEST AND TRANSPARENT WAY ISN'T ACCEPTABLE.
Last edited by Generalsecretary on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JJ Kale

Post by JJ Kale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:41 pm

I saw what you put before you changed it Generalsecretary and I thought some of the language was completely out of order for someone in your position. I like to think I am honest and transparent but I don't have to swear and be in yer face to prove it, and neither more do you. I have seen too much of that behaviour on allotments by people who should know better and I reckon you should be setting a good example not a bad one.

Woodfarm64

Re General Secretary's response

Post by Woodfarm64 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 pm

I fully endorse comments made by the GS.Huge efforts have been progressed to ensure dubious transactions made by individuals previously connected to GYGAA can be investigated by the Police with a view to recovering any proven misappropriated GYGAA funds.Previous incumbents have been banned from holding office. Members can now look forward to an open transparent Honest Management AND you al have THIS forum as a platform to air your views. WHAT IS NOT TO LIKE ?

Woodfarm64

Post by Woodfarm64 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:38 pm

LITTLESUE wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:33 pm
I THOUGHT IF YOU PUT A LETTER FORWARD WITH YOUR QUESTIONS,TO THE AGM,THE ISSUE WOULD BE DISGUST.I TODAY I WITNESSED A FRIEND RUNNING ON ABOUT THE RULES,WHICH HE HAS DONE FOR YEARS.HE WAS ASKED TO WRITE HIS VIEW DOWN AND SEND THEM IN,BUT REFUSED.SO HAS MY FRIEND GOT THE RIGHT TO KEEP MOANING ABOUT THE SAME OLD THING,BUT NOT PREPARED TO DO A SIMPLE THING ABOUT IT. COME ON PLOT HOLDERS PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS,LOVE YOU ALL LITTLE SUSIE
I think you may find this procedure relates to the Site Management Representative
Meetings NOT AGM's